SERVPRO of Athens Hiring Experienced Production Technician
SERVPRO of Athens– Fire & Water Cleanup has immediate openings in our Emergency Services & Restoration departments.
40 hours/week on average, flexible to work overtime when required.
Hours vary between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
On-Call rotation for 24-hour emergency service
Some night and weekend work is required
Starting wage is based on relevant experience
We're seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, meeting new people, with excellent communication skills, and who is self-motivated.
Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who is proactive, trustworthy, truly enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership of their responsibilities.
Some of the Responsibilities include:
Provide excellent customer service.
Perform on-site cleaning and restoration services in structures damaged by water and fire.
Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
Develop production expertise: services, cleaning products, and equipment.
Follow the SERVPRO uniform policy.
Complete documentation, as appropriate.
Must have a professional appearance and great attitude.
A valid driver license with a reasonable driving record.
Ability to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions or misdemeanors involving violence or theft.
Must be able to pass a drug test.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Must have a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Required)
License or certification:
Driver's License (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Call SERVPRO of Athens 706-549-3366
Email Resume to: admin@SERVPROofathens.com
Burn Ban Still in Effect
According to Athens-Clarke County Unified Government it is unlawful for any person within the county to cause, suffer, allow, or permit “opening burning”. This includes yard trash and even burn barrels. In order to burn within the county you must notify the Athens-Clarke County Fire Department prior to burning and provide a copy of any required state burn permit.
These prohibitions create a safe community not only for those involved with burning of materials but for the community members. SERVPRO of Athens takes pride in being involved with a county that has regulations such as these to keep community members safe.
If you are involved in a fire related situation IMMEDIATELY call 911!
Call SERVPRO of Athens to help restore your property today. 706-549-3366
Conditions In Athens Might Be Right For Mold
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Athens to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at (706) 549-3366
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Athens for mold remediation services
Winterville Marigold Parade
SERVPRO staff and their families enjoying the parade!
SERVPRO of Athens had a blast last week participating in the Winterville Marigold Parade.
We look forward to participating in this parade next year!
Burn Ban Effective in Athens-Clarke County
Starting May 1st, a burn ban will be in effect in Athens-Clarke county and neighboring counties until September 30th. The Environmental Protection Division in the Georgia Department of Natural Resources is responsible for this ban, and they created it out of safety concerns. The ozone levels in the air can become very unhealthy during the summer in Georgia. The Environmental Protection Division has discovered that open burning is a significant cause of the ozone reaching such dangerous levels and have thus placed restrictions on burning during the summer.
If you are unsure whether or not it is okay for you to burn something or would like to obtain a burn permit, please contact the Georgia Forest Commission at 1-877-OK2-BURN.
Please contact SERVPRO of Athens at (706) 549-3366 if you experience any fire damage to your residential or commercial property.
Mold in Athens, Georgia
Mold can spread a home in as little as 48 hours!
Mold remediation has increased throughout Georgia. Energy-efficient buildings, faulty construction, increased plumbing, and public awareness are all reasons of why mold has threatened properties.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Athens 706-549-3366
Faster to your Athens Water Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Athens provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Athens arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (706) 549-3366
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Athens
SERVPRO of Athens specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Mold Remediation Standard
SERVPRO of Athens technicians can assist you with mold remediation. Our technicians follow the IICRC S520 Mold Remediation Standard. There are five principles to this standard:
- Principle 1- Provide for Health and Safety. We protect the health of our technicians and the occupants of the structure.
- Principle 2- Document Conditions and Processes. SERVPRO of Athens documents and records all services that are completed including monitoring of any equipment placed.
- Principle 3- Control the Mold Contaminant at its Source. Our technicians use specialty equipment and containment to keep the mold from contaminating other areas of the structure.
- Principle 4- Remove Contamination. If the mold has grown beyond normal levels it may be necessary to remove the contamination completely by physically removing the contaminated surfaces, vacuuming excessive spores into HEPA filters, and/or wiping soiled surfaces with detergent cleaning products.
- Principle 5- Correct the Moisture Problem. Stop the source of moisture that contributed to the mold growth. If a building continues to have moisture problems, even the best cleanup efforts will not stop the mold from returning.
SERVPRO of Athens professionals communicate with your adjuster and IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) professionals. The IAQ will perform initial testing and clearance testing in order to make sure the mold has been restored to a safe level.
SERVPRO of Athens is ready to assist with any mold related questions or problems. Call today! 706-549-3366
Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage restoration is yet another SERVPRO of Athens specialty. Our technicians work diligently to clean your structure and/or contents to preloss condition. SERVPRO of Athens fire damage restoration includes the following services:
- Mitigation services—these services secure the structure and prevent further damage. Structures that are wet due to fire-fighting procedures will need emergency drying to prevent secondary water damage
- Structural Cleaning Services—Removal of the smoke residues from the structure and deodorizing odors given off by the residues
- Contents Cleaning Services—Personal property within a residence, office, or other building must be cleaned of smoke resides. Contents cleaning can be held within the structure or may require packing and moving to a separate location for cleaning and storage.
Fire damage situations are all different. SERVPRO of Athens knows that each situation requires a unique solution. Let our Fire Damage Restoration technicians restore your property to preloss condition meanwhile treating you and your family with empathy and respect that you deserve.
Call SERVPRO of Athens today! 706-549-3366
Emergency Ready Profile
The best way to reduce business interruption following a disaster is to plan for it NOW. According to the latest industry research as many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-Planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile Advantage:
- A no cost assessment of your facility
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster
- Establishes SERVPRO of Athens as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
SERVPRO of Athens is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in order. Contact SERVPRO of Athens to have a Sales and Marketing Representative to get you started with your business Emergency Ready Profile today.