3 Primary Causes of Kitchen Fires & Effective Restoration
Kitchen fires can cause a lot of damage, but we’re here to help!
Did you know kitchen fires are one of the leading causes of property damage in the United States? According to the National Fire Protection Association, kitchen fires are the leading cause of home fires and fire-related injuries in the United States.
The good news is that you can prevent most kitchen fires by being vigilant when cooking and staying aware of your surroundings.
In this blog post, we will discuss the causes of kitchen fires and how to prevent them. We will also discuss fire damage restoration services and how they can help you recover from a kitchen fire.
Property damage from kitchen fires
There are often three types of damage that result from kitchen fires:
- Fire damage: This is the damage caused by the flames of the fire.
- Smoke damage: This is caused by the smoke and soot that can travel through a home and settle on surfaces.
- Water damage: This is caused by the water used to extinguish the fire.
3 leading causes of kitchen fires
Kitchen fires can be caused by a variety of things, including:
- Unattended cooking
- Leaving the oven or stovetop on
- Grease buildup
- Unattended cooking is the leading cause of kitchen fires. Therefore, it is crucial to stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings when cooking. If you have to leave the kitchen for any reason, turn off the stove or oven.
- Leaving the oven or stovetop on is another leading cause of kitchen fires. If you are not using the stove or oven, turn it off.
- Grease buildup is a common cause of kitchen fires. When grease builds up on stovetops and ovens, it can become a fire hazard. To prevent grease buildup, clean your stovetop and range regularly.
Preventing kitchen fires
The best way to prevent kitchen fires is to be vigilant when cooking and stay aware of your surroundings. If you have to leave the kitchen for any reason, turn off the stove or oven. Additionally, keep your stovetop and oven clean to prevent grease buildup.
Fire damage restoration services
If you have been the victim of a kitchen fire, it is essential to contact a fire restoration company as soon as possible. Fire restoration companies specialize in repairing fire damage and can help you get your kitchen back to its pre-fire condition.
The experts at SERVPRO can help restore your property from all three types of damage: fire, smoke, and water.
Our process starts with an initial assessment. During this step, we will take pictures of the damage and generate an initial estimate used by insurance companies.
We will then develop a plan of action to repair the damage and restore your kitchen, providing you with a timeline and details about your unique situation.
Trusting a fire damage restoration team like the one at SERVPRO of Athens can help you get your home back to its original condition as soon as possible and get your insurance claim processed promptly.
SERVPRO of Athens: we can help you recover from kitchen fires!
Most people don’t realize that recovering from kitchen fires involves addressing three distinct types of damage:
- Fire damage
- Smoke damage
- Water damage
The key to preventing kitchen fires in the first place is paying attention while you’re cooking. Additionally, keeping your oven clean and turning it off when not in use can help prevent kitchen fires.
SERVPRO of Athens can help property owners deal with the aftermath of kitchen fires. Our expert team of disaster restoration specialists can be onsite within minutes and have the experience to get your home back to “Like it never even happened” while helping you navigate the insurance claims process. So give us a call or reach out via our contact page today!