Recent Community Posts
Halloween with COVID 2020
CELEBRATE A COVID-19 HALLOWEEN CREATIVELY These ideas will help you and others be extra safe while still celebrating Halloween
- Host a virtual Halloween “watch” party with online video/chat and have best costume or craft project contests;
- Have a Halloween movie night with household members either at home or drive-in;
- Do reverse trick-or-treat by dropping off small gift bags on your neighbor’s porch;
- Put on a trunk-or-treat on your street (Halloween decorated car trunks) with socially distanced parked cars in driveways;
- Coordinate a contact-free neighborhood scavenger hunt;
- Organize a neighborhood car parade or socially distanced costume parade for best decorations/costume and give treat bags or toss candy (preferably with candy grabbers).
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HALLOWEEN! :)
First Responders in our community
SERVPRO of Athens giving back!
We decided to help our first responders in our community during this pandemic, by cleaning and disinfecting their vehicles. A special thanks to Sergeant, Christoper Haag and to Chief, James Fulcher from Winterville and Athens-Clarke Police Department for helping us organize this event.
Thank you for your services!
Halloween Safety Tips
Kids and dog ready to Trick-or-Treat
According to the NSC, Children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed on Halloween than on any other day of the year.
- Never assume a motorist has seen you. Make eye contact and make sure they know you are there.
- Always stay on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sideways,walk facing traffic as far to the left side as possible.
- Put the devices down. Keep heads up and walk, don't run across the street.
- Be visible! Add lights and reflectors to your child's costume, it's a fun and easy way to help keep children safe as they trick or treat.
- Check that your child's costume is flame resistant and does not obstruct their vision.
- Choose masks that are easy to see through and think about lifting your mask up while walking between houses.
- Always check candy before letting your child eat it. Avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
- Watch out for foods your children are allergic to.
- Throw away candy that is unwrapped.
2019 Marigold Parade in Winterville, Georgia
SERVPRO of Athens was back at it again! We attended the 2019 Marigold Parade. The Marigold Parade is part of the Winterville, Georgia Marigold Festival. This festival began over 30 years ago in order to promote friendship and renovate the town. The festival includes juried arts and crafts, food vendors, dancing and entertainment. All festivities are held at Pittard Park.
As always, our SERVPRO of Athens crew was spotted at the end of the parade making it “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Athens attends the parade annually and keeps the streets clear after the parade. Attending this year’s parade was Joey Baker, Connor Brewington, Matt Addison and our Production Manager David Chance. Our guys enjoy cleaning up the streets and throwing sweets! We also light up the crowd by squirting water guns for a quick cool down. We enjoy making our community smile.
See you at the Colbert 4th of July parade!
SERVPRO of Athens Sponsors News in Education at Local School
SERVPRO of Athens is proud to be a sponsor of the News in Education program at Hull-Sanford Elementary School, which is located in Madison County. News in Education provides teachers with newspaper e-editions and useful, interesting, and innovative curriculum to enhance learning and help students meet the challenges of the future. Teachers receive newspaper e-editions and curriculum at no cost to them thanks to the support of the community and local business sponsors. SERVPRO of Athens is honored to serve the Athens community and to be able to support local students to be better prepare them for the future. SERVPRO of Athens takes pride in being an active member of the Athens community and is happy to support many organizations.
If you would like to learn more about News in Education, please visit https://www.nieonline.com/athens/.
Winterville Marigold Parade
SERVPRO staff and their families enjoying the parade!
SERVPRO of Athens had a blast last week participating in the Winterville Marigold Parade.
We look forward to participating in this parade next year!
Wonderful time of the year to help a family in need.
The Sales and Marketing Department at SERVPRO of Athens had a blast this Christmas granting a Fish Christmas Wish through 104.7 The Fish. We were able to help a local family provide a better Christmas for two young children.
We look forward to making this a SERVPRO yearly tradition